Friday, September 14, 2012

I'M THANKFUL FOR...

One of my favorite running blogs dedicates a weekly post to being thankful. I'm following her lead and taking a moment to be thankful for the events that have made up this fantastic week.

I’m thankful for a great massage… Tuesday I sprinted out of work and treated my legs to a desperately needed massage. I explained the rigors of my recent training (31 miles in 3 days) and the masseuse got right to work. At points I wanted to scream and cry as the knots in my IT Band were told to take a hike. I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like a new runner and followed with three more days of solid training. See ya later lactic acid, these legs have a marathon to train for!

I’m thankful for extraordinary co-workers… I love that some of them believe me when I say that running in the Bronx at the crack of dawn on a Sunday is a “fun” idea. Starting on Sunday and going through the rest of this week, they made cubicle life a LOT more enjoyable.  


Of course P appreciates the excessive birthday decor! Happy Birthday lady! We kinda like you...  

I’m thankful that I made it to TWO TFK practices this week… I’m on a roll! With the help of my TFK training buddy M we made not one but TWO Team for Kids practices this week. Monday we went for an easy run to shake out the legs around Central Park and Wednesday was a column run workout. I dreaded the workout but once we got going I felt like I was back in high school playing team sports again. We spent the miles forming new friendships and talking everything marathon.

I’m thankful for TFK mentors, coaches, and training pals… As I mentioned above, spending so much time with the TFK crew has really made my week. After practice on Wednesday we headed to a local bar for a post run social. The column run really wiped us out and we totally needed to replenish as soon as possible. Right? M and I loved soaking up all of the advice and getting to know some of the people that are running alongside us (literally and figuratively) on this journey. I truly believe that I picked the BEST possible group of people to share this experience with and for that, I am so thankful.  

I’m thankful for incredibly supportive friends… I especially love my friends that respond to 7am anxiety-toned text messages and offer to go for a run to keep calming you down the next morning. They devote the first half hour of the work day to listen to you vent on AIM (yes, some of us use AIM in a professional setting) and really make you believe you’re in a judgment-free zone.

I’m thankful that I live in NYC… I think the picture below speaks for itself.  


I’m thankful to be Philly bound this weekend… I can’t wait to jump on a bus tomorrow morning and head to my (second) hometown. I’m also pretty psyched to run the Philly Rock & Roll Half Marathon on Sunday. I am NOT going to set a time goal (lies) but really want to get out there and race again. Plus, I get to catch up with one of my favorite sweat sisters and hear all about her upcoming wedding! If I am REALLY lucky I might even get a surprise visit from my favorite collegiate athlete if he can wake up before my 5pm bus out of town that night. See you soon Philly!

I’m thankful it’s fall which means football and fabulous weather… I grew up in Florida but love the weather in the Northeast. I will happily pass on shorts and tank tops for sweaters and boots. This week’s weather in NYC has been brisk and beautiful instead of hot and humid like we’ve had for the past few months. I like to save my sweating for workouts, not my everyday public transit-filled commute to work. Next weekend kicks off football season for my brother which means traveling to Philly for family and friends filled tailgates. Hi Fall! Happy to see again!

I’m thankful for new running shorts… I am aware that this is really dumb but when you spend more hours running than anything else, this will excite you.

I’m thankful for people not judging my stretching during the work day… I might be the girl who bends over to touch her toes while waiting at the coffee machine. I also might be the girl who pulls back her quads while waiting for the printer. Before you freak out, there is no office flashing as both are common activities while wearing jeans and pants to work. I promise that I will stop when I get through this race.  

I’m thankful for Thursdays by Bravo… After work last night I met up with A at a local bookstore to get my copy of “Most Talkative” signed by the fabulous author, Andy Cohen! As a devoted Bravo viewer this was a pretty big deal. He was such a doll and I can’t wait to dive into his book during my travel to Philly this weekend. Mazel!

My favorite "BRAVOlebrity"

I’m thankful for the number 50… Why 50? Well that’s how many days it is from now until the MARATHON! Wow. This is really happening. Am I excited? You better believe it.

Have an amazing weekend and take a moment to be thankful!

Lots of love and laughs.

XOXO
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment