Monday, July 9, 2012

FEELING FLORIDA FRESH

After 4 full days of Florida sun and family time, I am back in NYC and feeling very refreshed.

Oh yeah and Happy Belated Birthday America!


Someone was excited for July 4th and the return of her favorite sibling!

My trip home to Florida was everything that I hoped for. I kept up with my TFK training schedule with the help of an all-star running partner and life coach, my Dad. I hung out on the beach soaking up just enough sunshine for my Vitamin D deprived skin. I enjoyed skinnygirl margaritas while lounging in the pool to cool off. But most importantly, I spent time with my 4 favorite people on this planet.

Thursday and Friday, I woke up early to beat the heat with my running partner and enjoy some Father-Daughter bonding time. My dad was a distance runner in his glory days but took a decade (or two) off. In the past year he caught the running bug again which works as a bonus for me during trips home. I fill him in on my training schedule and he wakes me up every morning wearing his sneakers ready to rock and roll.

Perhaps one of my favorite parts about running with my dad this past vacation was his choice in athletic attire. The first day he wore a shirt that read “I AM SPEED” and the second he rocked a classic “Life is good” shirt. Anyone that has the pleasure of knowing my dad will find all of this very entertaining and appropriate.


"I AM SPEED"

After dropping Dad off at the house Thursday morning I had a little mileage left to hit my plan for the day. I made a detour and took my sneakers to the beach. I figured that it couldn’t be THAT hard? I was wrong. It was THAT hard and without an ounce of shade above me I felt like it was the Queens 10K remix. Needless to say, I enjoyed the sights long enough to snap these pictures before the sneakers and I happily returned to asphalt.


Sneakers meet sand. You two should be friends.

This looked like a good route.


Today I am back in action. It’s is my only day in the office for a week since I head to San Diego for work tomorrow afternoon. I’m excited but nervous to take my training on the road once again. Here’s to hoping a new playlist and foreign territory will get keep these sneakers moving!

This week I will be running in San Diego and dodging Superman, Batman, and perhaps some Darth Vaders in between.

THIS WEEK

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday (flex)
Total
TFK Plan
6
Rest (Strength)
6
5
Rest
11
5
28
LA Plan
6
Strength
6
5
Rest
11
Rest (Travel)
28

LAST WEEK

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday (flex)
Total
TFK Plan
5
Rest (Strength)
Rest
5
Rest
9
5
19
 (24 flex)
LA Plan
5
Strength
Rest J
5
4 (flex)
Rest
9
23
I lacked any and all motivation yesterday afternoon to run the remaining 9 miles for my week. I felt completely exhausted from the early morning travel and wanted to watch reality TV instead of venturing outside in the 90 degree heat.

Want to know what got me up and moving? Remembering YOUR support!

I recalled WHY 9 miles were staring me in the face. It’s for the KIDS. It’s for the AMAZING people that supported me thus far in this crazy journey and will continue to do so every day between now and November 4th.  

Later couch. Hello Central Park.

Want to keep me motivated? Here you go! Feel free to DONATE J.

Lots of love and laughs.

XOXO
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment