Tuesday, November 20, 2012

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE MARATHON...

'Twas the night before Philly, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse (or Peanut).
The shoes were set out by the race bib with care,
In hopes that a Marathon soon would be there...


Race week was a breeze. I actually said to K as we waited for our bus to Philly on Saturday morning that I was nervous that I was NOT nervous about the marathon I was scheduled to run in just 24 hours.

All was peaceful until the bus pulled out of NYC. That's when my hands began uncontrollably trembling...

The nerves kicked in and I realized what was actually happening. This trip to Philly was not for a family celebration or sibling's athletic event. This journey was all about me and my quest to finally run a marathon.

We arrived in Philly and dropped our bags at S's apartment. She was out of town this weekend along with her fiance and gave us their place to crash for the night. Can you say lifesaver? I seriously have the BEST friends.

The rest of the day was pretty standard pre-race day.

K and I headed to the expo.
We're here!
I picked up my race bib.

So this is happening?
... and bought (un)necessary Philly Marathon race gear for the Wildcat and I. I mean who doesn't love a souvenir?!?!?!
I didn't. But I wanted to....
K and I went to lunch at Parc and I dove into the bread basket face first. Kidding?

While at lunch, the nerves returned. I believe it was when K could almost see my heart beating through my fleece that she suggested we go home to chill for a little. We had more errands to run but I needed an hour to calm down. So naturally I turned on the Real Housewives of Miami...

We all have our own forms of stress relief. Don't judge mine.

An hour with Mama Elsa did the trick. We ventured back out to the city to run our final errands. This included a wine store, CVS trip, and naturally a stop at South Moon Under. Nothing calms the nerves like retail therapy.

We returned home to kick it on the couch for the rest of the day and wait for A to arrive.

We  prepared our respective hydration forms for Sunday.

A Brita & A Wine Purse

We ordered in Serafina take-out.
If this does not scream marathon dinner than I don't know what does.

And we watched anything and everything OnDemand.
Compression Socks. Disney Movie. Water. The Saturday night of champions! 


This picture is just too good not to post. The girls wanted fro-yo and I was too lazy to change. You're welcome Philadelphia fellas!

Are you like running a marathon or something tomorrow?
 For my last pre-race task of the day, I prepared the 26.2 Dedications for Sunday. I wasn't entirely sure how this would play out but thought the rubber bands were a good try.
26.2 Dedications ready to go!

"Happy (almost) Marathon Day to all, and to all a good-night!"

What happens next? Well you have to wait for tomorrow's post to find out.

SPOILER ALERT- I promise that this story has a happy ending...
Lots of love and laughs!

xoxo
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment